Pictures are the first thing a potential buyer will see of your home, and they’re the first ‘make or break’ aspect of the viewing process. There are some things that you can do to make your home look it’s very best for photos so that potential buyers want to book a viewing.
Here are some tips to help you get your home ready for your photoshoot:
- Clear any clutter around the room.
- Make sure kitchen surfaces are wiped down and clean and everything is put away.
- Don’t leave tea towels on display.
- Clean your bin or hide it from view.
- Add some flowers or a fruit bowl to your kitchen side – this makes the room feel more homely.
- Hide the laundry basket and any toilet roll from view.
- Either have your best toiletries on display or don’t display any at all.
- Ensure the toilet seat has been put down.
- Make sure all towels are clean and neatly placed.
- Ensure your bed is freshly made, preferably in white or plain bedding.
- Clear any clutter from your bedside tables and any bedroom furniture that makes the room more cluttered.
- Put away all shoes and clothes that may be lying around.
- Ensure sure nothing is visible under beds or on top of wardrobes.
- Tidy away any children’s toys neatly.
- Plump up the cushions.
- If you have a fireplace, light the fire.
- Keep all surfaces clear of clutter or household items.
- Tidy away any pet or children’s items.
- Add a bunch of flowers to the dining room table to give the room a more homely feel.
Throughout the house
- Open curtains and blinds to let in natural light.
- Clean your windows thoroughly.
- Polish/wipe down all surfaces.
- Hoover and mop all floors.
- Move wheelie bins if possible.
- Move your car off the drive so that viewers can park there.
- Tidy the garden – sweep up any leaves and ensure it is weeded.
- Mow the lawn.
- Wipe down your front door.
- If you can add a pop of colour in hanging baskets or planters on either side of your front door, do so.
This checklist should really help you prepare your home for photos and help make your home look even better to potential buyers.